Collegiate Development Group (CDG) is a rapidly growing, real estate development company specializing in
the development of urban, purpose-built student housing communities across the country. With $400+
million successfully completed and $500+ million in development we need a bright, passionate and
hardworking individual to help execute our mission of delivering a best in class product. This is a unique
opportunity for a self-motivated and driven individual to join a dynamic development company and make
significant contributions to our ambitious growth plan. Every development project has challenges and issues
that need to be overcome, and this role will be to deploy strong leadership and problem-solving skills in order
to lead the process, so budgets and time frames are met, and outcomes meet or exceed quality expectations.
The Project Manager will contribute to the company’s success by providing strategic planning, project
management and financial oversight in new build student housing developments while maintaining the
highest standards of excellence in terms of quality. Responsibilities will commence with assisting in site
identification and acquisition through due diligence. Then the Project Manager will lead the process from
design to construction and through to the ultimate handover to a property manager. The role will be based in
CDG’s St. Louis office, but will require frequent out of state site visits. Every development project has
challenges and issues that need to be overcome, and this role will be to deploy strong leadership and
problem-solving skills in order to lead the process so that budgets and time frames are met, and outcomes
meet or exceed quality expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee scheduling of work in line with company goals and objectives.
- Communicate and manage all issues and risks affecting the projects.
- Communicate project status to Principals and stakeholders accurately and on time.
- Develop and implement solutions to correct any deviations.
- Lead and manage a large team of professional consultants to ensure effective project delivery.
- Develop and manage budgets for development projects together with the Principals during the site
acquisition phase. Appraise and profile the associated risks for development.
- Assist in the site due diligence process in order to ensure that all development risks are identified and
- Assist in the approval and permitting phase of the development process and ensure approvals are in line
with company requirements. Maintain positive relationships with jurisdictions and planning
commissions to ensure same.
- Manage the detailed design phase of the projects, ensuring strict adherence to specifications and attention
to cost management.
- Monitor general contractor and vendor performance during construction phase.
- Ensure that the projected expenditure is under constant review and any anticipated deviations are
highlighted and controlled.
- Build relationships with contractors, designers, and sub consultants to obtain a competitive advantage for
- Ensure all the above are carried out in line with Company Values.
- Attends industry events and represent CDG to the industry in a professional capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Construction Management,
Engineering, or Architecture. Graduate degree or graduate student is preferred.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in understanding of basic principles of real estate
development; design, finance and construction. Direct experience in real estate development,
construction or design is required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and react quickly in a demanding fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with various officials, consultants and community groups.
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative thinker and solid organization and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of real estate.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, balance priorities and deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Compensation and Benefits:
CDG offers a competitive compensation package with great salaries, profit sharing, sick and vacation time,
and paid holidays. Employer pays 100% of Employee premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance. A
company laptop and cell phone allowance are also provided.