Collegiate Development Group (CDG) is a rapidly growing, real estate development company specializing in the development of urban, purpose-built student housing communities across the country. With $400+ million successfully completed and $500+ million in development we need a bright, passionate and hardworking individual to help execute our mission of delivering a best in class product. This is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated and driven individual to join a dynamic development company and make significant contributions to our ambitious growth plan. Every development project has challenges and issues that need to be overcome, and this role will be to deploy strong leadership and problem-solving skills in order to lead the process, so budgets and time frames are met, and outcomes meet or exceed quality expectations.
The Development Manager executes development projects by managing all facets and activities from inception to stabilization. The ability to effectively; work with land sellers, manage the due diligence process, work with governmental agencies through entitlements, oversee consultants through the design development process, ensure risks are addressed and mitigated prior to closing and oversee/facilitate closing of land and capital. Applicants must be extremely motivated, passionate about doing things the right way, a good problem solver, detail oriented, persistent and able to take a step back and look at the project from an owner’s perspective. Applicants must have dynamic verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the day-today management across all phases of development: from concept to stabilization on large and complex mixed-use projects.
- Review and negotiate general legal documents including letter of intents, purchase and sale agreements, leases, contracts, loan documents and joint venture agreements.
- Ensure due diligence is complete and risks/issues are identified, documented and mitigated.
- Responsible for successfully shepherding projects through the governmental approval process .
- Oversee internal and external design teams to ensure design is consistent with company standards and brand design intent.
- Provide clear direction and oversight to all entities involved to successfully complete projects on time and budget; Architects, Designers, Engineers, Planners, Consultants, Vendors, and other entities involved.
- Ability to clearly communicate and present to internal executive leadership, project partners and governmental boards/agencies when necessary.
- Reports directly to the Director of Development.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Business, Real Estate, Engineering, Law or related discipline is required. Graduate degree or graduate student is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years prior real estate development experience is required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and react quickly in a demanding fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with various officials, consultants and community groups.
- Strong problem solving skills, creative thinking and solid organization and leadership skills.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with the ability to work equally well on own as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, balance priorities and deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Travel 5-10 days a month is required.
Compensation and Benefits:
CDG offers a competitive compensation package with great salaries, profit sharing, sick and vacation time, and paid holidays. Employer pays 100% of employee premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance. Laptop & Cell Phone Allowance are also provided.
CDG offers a corporate office in Clayton, Missouri. Relocation to the Greater Saint Louis area is required.