Collegiate Development Group (CDG) is a rapidly growing, real estate development company specializing in
the development of urban, purpose-built student housing communities across the country. With $400+
million successfully completed and $500+ million in development we need a bright, passionate and
hardworking individual to help execute our mission of delivering a best in class product. This is a unique
opportunity for a self-motivated and driven individual to join a dynamic development company and make
significant contributions to our ambitious growth plan. Every development project has challenges and issues
that need to be overcome, and this role will be to deploy strong leadership and problem-solving skills in order
to lead the process, so budgets and time frames are met, and outcomes meet or exceed quality expectations.
The Development Associate will assist in the execution of development strategy by assisting in all facets and
activities related to new development projects. Applicants must have strong analytical and quantitative skills,
with an excellent financial acumen and proficiency in commercial real estate. Applicants must have dynamic
verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist team with assessing potential markets through high level market diligence.
- Conducts detailed market / project due diligence to determine project feasibility.
- Assist the Development Manager and Director of Real Estate as needed with the
entitlement process including zoning, permits, approvals, and licenses. Assist with the development
of schedules, budgets and programing.
- Assist in the coordination of all required documentation for lenders and equity partners regarding
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach.
- Work closely and effectively with the Development Manager and Director of Real Estate to keep them
well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Business,
Finance/Economics, Real Estate Development, Law or related discipline is required. A minimum of 2
years prior real estate or investment experience is required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and react quickly in a demanding fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with various officials, consultants and community groups.
- Strong problem solving skills, creative thinking and solid organization and leadership skills.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with the ability to work equally well on own as well as in a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, balance priorities and deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Compensation and Benefits:
CDG offers a competitive compensation package with great salaries, profit sharing, sick and vacation time,
and paid holidays. Employer pays 100% of Employee premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
CDG offers a corporate office in Clayton, Missouri. Relocation to the Greater Saint Louis area is required.