Collegiate Development Group (CDG) is a rapidly growing, real estate development company specializing in the development of urban, purpose-built student housing and young professional communities across the country. CDG has delivered over 3,600 beds, with an additional 5,500 in development over the next two years. CDG is seeking a bright, passionate and hardworking individual to help execute our mission of delivering a best in class residential experience. This is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated and driven individual to join a dynamic development company and make significant contributions to our ambitious growth plan.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Champion for all design issues through out a project lifecycle from conception to completion.
- Assist in developing design delivery schedule along with Development Manager, Project Manager, design team and contractor.
- Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables list for each related discipline.
- Negotiate scope-of-work, deliverables and price with design and engineering firms.
- Communicates project goals while maintaining project budget and schedule.
- Review architects design concepts and drawings for projects and provide feedback, design suggestions and alternatives to maintain CDG project standards.
- Review design documents to ensure coordination across disciplines.
- Site visits as necessary to review progress of construction and mockups and participate in resolving design related issues through the course of construction.
- Provide design review for the procurement and installation of all furnishings, fixtures, amenities, signage and graphics.
- Provide open communication between consultants and CDG project team members as needed.
- Participate in weekly update meetings and provide Principals with progress updates on projects.
- Create and maintain library of design standards, design details, unit plans, exterior material selections, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture is required. Master of Architecture is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years direct experience with multi-family buildings is required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and effectively balance work load.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, with the ability to work equally well on own as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience with basic building planning principals including typical building layouts, unit layouts, building core sizes, floor to floor heights, etc.
- Ability to work independently and react quickly in a demanding fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, creative thinking and solid organization and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of architectural design and project type standards.
- Excellent leadership and strong communication skills to deliver exceptional projects.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office and CAD.
- Travel is required.
Compensation and Benefits:
CDG offers a competitive compensation package with great salaries, profit sharing, sick and vacation time, and paid holidays. Employer pays 100% of employee premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance. Laptop & Cell Phone Allowance are also provided.
CDG offers a corporate office in Clayton, Missouri. Relocation to the Greater Saint Louis area is required.